• Federal Minister (1958-62) for Industries, Works, Irrigation, Power, Mineral Resources.
• Member of Indian Constituent Assembly. (1946)
• Member of Pakistan Constituent Assembly. (1947)
• Member of the National Assembly. (1962-1968)
• President of Bangladesh National Society for the Blind.
• Founder Chairman of Chittagong Eye Complex.
• Founder Chairman of former Eastern Mercantile Bank, presently Pubali Bank Ltd.
(largest private sector bank in the country).
• Founder Chairman of former Eastern Insurance Company, a pioneer insurance
company in East Pakistan.
• Chairman of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
• Pioneer industrialist of Bangladesh in Insurance, Banking, Shipping & Deep-sea fishing